Palmadula is in the area of the city of Sassari and in the region of Nurra in northwest Sardinia, Palmadula is a village of little more than three hundred inhabitants.
The distance to the coast is about 6 km, where there is a beautiful tourist destination dell’Argentiera, about 40 km distance to Sassari, Porto Torres 20 km and 30 km to Alghero.
Palmadula is famous for the beautiful beach of Porto Palmas, and because this area is rich of archaeological sites.
The sea of Porto Palmas is shallow and clear, near the beach you will find car parking and around the area are located hotels and bars.
The Palmadula economy is mainly based on fishing, agriculture and tourism.
The area is rich in archaeological sites and natural features:
• "Parco Geo Minerario dell’Argentiera", a former mining area, and today an abandoned lead and silver mine, with its ancient village, which up to half of the 9th Century was inhabited by the miner´s families.
• The beautiful "Grotte di Nettuno (Neptune’s Caves) can also be reached by sea
• "Parco Naturale di Noè dell’Arca" (Arche Noah Park) with its rare species of animals and nature reserve
• The Asinara with the famous and unique white donkeys
• The altar from the prenuraghic period on "Monte d’and roman" (peak of Accodi)
• Various archaeological sites, testimony to the history of Nurra up to the beginning of the Nuraghic period
• The upper-class old buildings and noble villas show that we are to find the origins and the influence of Sassari, Sassari the old capital Logudoro